ANTI-CATALANISM IS THE “SPANISH ANTI-SEMITISM”.
LET’S FACE CATALANOPHOBIA AND THE INCITEMENT OF HATRED THAT IS BEING PROMOTED BY CERTAIN SPANISH POLITICAL PARTIES AND MEDIA.
28 OF MAY: WORLD DAY OF THE FIGHT AGAINST CATALANOPHOBIA
(In memoriam: Josep-Maria Isanta, young militant for the independence, murdered during a popular party in Berga (Catalunya) for “he was a Catalan”, 28-05-2005).
ELS FETS DE BERGA http://www.vilaweb.cat/www/especials/especial?id=1311757
Inaugurated a monument remembering Josep Maria Isanta 30-05-2015
“Spain and Castile, both miserable,
yesterday and today dominators,
your culture, full of rags,
despises anything it ignores”
(Antonio Machado, 1875-1939, andalousian poet dead in exile at Northern Catalonia).
“Once a human being has been tagged, the masses will not care about how he is or what he really does” (Anonymous).
1. I have always been Catalan. Whoever says that he is Catalan, but continuously apologizes for being different from other citizens holding a Spanish passport, is only someone that abominates from his own origin. Do not reject me for being Catalan, it is as natural as being from Seville. In my Catalanship there is no will to offend or damage anyone: it is my place of birth and a basic trait of my personality. This is my way to exist, my specific way of being a person. Many Catalans are full of being systematically presented as the “bad guys” of the story simply because we are the way we are, in the same manner that madridans are the way they are, although they are not expected to apologize for this: we are full of being expected to apologize for existing. We are full of seeing how our land and our culture are systematically ignored by the Spanish media, while folklore from other regions is widely promoted, and we are full of many other discriminations. “The Jew problem does not exist, it is a problem of human nature. A ruler must frame the passions of the ruled, and, since the strongest human passion is hatred, rather than love, the ruler must follow the track left by the ruled, and tell them that they are right. They better hate and kill the Jew (=Catalan) than rebel against the ruler (=state corruption)” (From a motion picture on a pogrom against the Jews in Russia).
“Passionate hatred may give meaning to life, and become a target for an empty life” (Eric Hoffer). “A few persons can be happy if they do not hate other persons, nations, or creeds” (Bertrand Russell, British philosopher).
Spanish politicians at the service of the everlasting oligarchs follow this macchiavelic principle: “Create the problems that are required to solve the matters that really interest you”. They turn the Catalan will for freedom into a problem just to repress it later on, and obtain a booty in the form of whether votes or taxes.
2. There is separatism (Independentism), over other reasons, because there are Spanish separators and anti-Catalan racism. We are the Blacks or Jews in Spain and our language is the colour of our skin and the tax spoliation, disguised of “solidarity”, our bondage. This solidarity is ambiguous, and, in any case, solidarity fund transfers between regions in Germany or France are not higher than 4%, while Catalonia is obliged to freely “donate” more than 10% of its GDP. This is not solidarity but colonial exploitation. If Mr. Rodríguez Ibarra, President of Extremadura, want his region to be subsidized, he could subsidize it himself by lowering his own salary. Examples of day-to-day Spanish linguistic racism:
“Falange Espanola was not interested in seizing Jews because there were just a few of them in the country, instead Falange was interested in seizing Catalans, Bascs, and other regional minorities “. “Occasional anti-semitism under the francoist regime … was never a doctrine. On the contrary, anti-catalanism, anti-basquism, and anti-galicism were true francoist doctrines” (Herbert R. Southworth, when discussing about the anti-semitism of the pre-war francoist regime).
“The ability, and the understanding capability of the masses are highly limited, and their lack of memory is enormous. As a consequence, any propaganda must concentrate in a few aspects and exploit them as maxims until the last son of the people knows what we want …” (“Mein Kampf”, Adolf Hitler, terrorist dictator, 1889-1945).
3. If sometimes I wished to be born somewhere else, or I have acted as if I were, is not because my catalanship makes me unhappy, but because I thought that this was the only way to survive in the midst of the prejudice and hatred that certain media are fostering with the aim of smashing our minds and our souls. It severely hurts me that others feel they have the right to despise, fool, and aggress me only because I am different from them, because I have got my own language and customs, and also because I claim what in strict justice belongs to us. “The words written in the books of his Law had to be accomplished: they hate me for no reason” (John 15:25). “We love for no reason, and for no reason we hate” (Jean-François Regnard). “Isn’t it nonsense not to punish a bandit, in spite of his reputation, before the truth is known, and, on the contrary, that we are being hated because of a libelous incrimination with no previous examination?” (“Speech against the Greeks”, Tacianus, Christian apologetic 2nd century). “Anything that is qualified of ‘Christian’ must not be considered either good of bad for itself, regardless of the facts” (Apology de Justinus, Christian of the 2nd century).
4. The loathing, contempt, horror and distrust with regards to Catalans is known as catalonophobia. Phobia is an irrational rejection, and, as a consequence, a mental disorder, artificially fostered to serve the bastard political interests of a minority that economically benefits from the people they treat as a simple colony. The time has arrived to heal all those who suffer this disorder (about a 17% of the Spanish population, according to surveys carried out some years ago). “Catalan, Jew and renegade, you’ll pay for all the damage you caused. Up with the Army, let’s win, it is dawning again in Spain.” (Paragraph of the “Cara al Sol”, a falangist anthem sung during the Battle of the Ebro, 1938). The prejudice and hate to minorities fostered by the media of the power (Establishment) have existed on all epochs and human societies: http://www.ucm.es/info/eurotheo/arkauth/7.htm
George Orwell perfectly explains it in his novel “1984”: Goldstein is a sort of ‘bad guy’ or Trotsky in this, but he is really just a poor man with no significant power. Anyhow he is the target of the official propaganda that intends to materialize the wrath of the people on some specific person. In today’s Spain, Mr. Mas, as before Carod-Rovira and so on, as so-supposed personifications of the Catalan will of freedom, is being made to play the same role. There are always politics or media ravens that use them to eat a few guts.
5. I am no different from any other human being. The more you reject me, the more I’ll grow away from you. If I am your friend, do not allow your racism to turn me into a strange. “The Catalan problem will only be solved with restrictions, not with palliatives and pacts, but by the iron and the fire” (“La Correspondencia Militar”, Madrid, December 13, 1907). “The victories in Catalonia are the result of the faith that you put in us from the first moment. I very much acknowledge your sincere congratulations, and forward to you, with my best wishes for the greatness of your nation, the salutations of the New Spain and its Armies. Generalísimo Franco” (Wire to Adolph Hitler to respond to his greetings for the military occupation of Barcelona).
6. There are Catalans of all kinds, ages and classes: you will find us in government, church, teaching institutions, government and private companies, and in almost every profession and activity. There are more than seven million Catalans that expect to be treated without prejudices. There exist many cases of discrimination for speaking our language in our own land, for this reason we have to fight unsparingly. Recently, quite a few aggressions by skin heads have happened against Catalans for the simple fact of being Catalans, according to witnesses. These news are given little attention or are disguised by the media, mostly controlled by entrepreneurs that are closely related to the Spanish big political parties (PP y PSOE).
“¡Catalan dogs! ¡You do not deserve the sunlight that lightens you!” (Military Governor Aymat, 1939). “None of the detainees will ever forget his stay in the police station. They were insulted and threatened, they suffered a degrading treatment, and some of them were even tortured. Just arrived in Torredembarra, in the province of Tarragona, their hands were tied with ropes, they were obliged to put on their knees, face a wall for more than two, and sometimes three, hours while the policemen were crying ” Down on the ground, as if you were dogs!”. Detainees were not allowed to speak Catalan, not even to each other. Guards shouted: “Speak in “Christian”!”, “In Spanish, “Poles”!” or even “terrorists” or “Catalan dogs”, “Not even water should be given to these Catalan dogs!”, they said. In some cases, such as when going to the toilet, detainees desperately saw that not a single drop of water was falling from the spigot. One of them required medical assistance twice because he was starting to suffer tachycardia…” (Arbitrary arrest of Catalan young people, 28-7-2002).
7. If all Catalans were to disappear (Franco planned to deport all of us to Africa as soon as Hitler were to win the war), you would miss many people that you know or admire. Many of the greatest characters in history, arts, sciences and sports are Catalan : Gaudí, Casals, Colón (Colom), Miró, Dalí.. More than one third of the “Spanish” Olympic medals. Even the founders of the Real Madrid football club and of the “Feria de Abril” were Catalans, Catalan was the inventor of the “peseta”, the former Spanish currency, the Spanish flag is just a simplification of the Catalan flag carried out by the time of Carlos III. You may even not be born: you never know if Catalan blood is flowing through your veins. The very Spanish Royal Family has both royal and plebeian Catalan blood (Alfonso XII was the son of Isabel II and a Catalan military). “(…) in the memories of German Luftwaffe officer who volunteered in the “Legion Condor”, – the nazi air force that fought under Franco orders – explained that the most bombarded region and the one where the civil population was most attacked during the Civil War was Catalonia. Also, the city that was most punished by the bombings was Barcelona, where, on the contrary of Madrid and other Spanish cities, the launching of incendiary bombs was ordered. (…) If the 3rd Reich had won WWII, the deportation of the population of Catalan origin – regardless of their ideology – to concentration camps in Northern Africa and the further colonization of the Catalan land with people from different Spanish regions, was already planned. Since the outcome ot the war did not allow Franco to carry out the first part of its genocide project, they organized the gigantic migration that Catalonia suffered during the Dictatorship, aiming at the destruction of the Catalan nation.” And yet there are shameless Spaniards that say that Franco benefited the Catalans….” (Dr. Franz-Berndt Speicher, German professor of Contemporary History at the University of Hamburg, L´Estel de Mallorca, July 1st, 1997). Affront and evil in the macchiavelan “raison d’etat”:
According to the Convention of Geneva, any prisoner of war has the right to evade. Catalonia was conquered in 1714 after a genocide war, and has the right to be free. Same as an abused woman has the right to divorce and be granted that her former partner will be kept away from her.
8. You’ve no right to expect me to be like you, for you to consider me a valuable person, or to deserve your affection: this is discrimination and offense. Because I can be and believe whatever I consider appropriate, and we Catalans must solve our own businesses, as you Spaniards solve yours.
“You shall not follow the masses in doing evil, nor shall you testify in a dispute so as to turn aside after a multitude in order to pervert justice” (Exodus 23:2).
“A person of my knowledge asserts that it is a law of the history of Spain that Barcelona must be bombed every 50 years. The approach of Felipe V was unjust and tough, but solid and comfortable. It worked for two centuries” (Manuel Azaña, President of the II República Espanyola, in his “Memorias”). The linguistic apartheid in the Spanish state:
9. If you want me to respect you, you also will have to respect me. Respect is the capacity of considering the value of others.
“War-like anti-catalanism expands to all classes of population in Castile. The core of catalanophobia is not to be found only within the Castilian aristocracy, or within the military, or within the menial milieu of academics and lawyers” (A. Sieberer, Austrian author, «España frente a Cataluña», pàg. 145, 1944).
“National hatred is something peculiar. It will always be found stronger and more violent where the cultural level is lower” (Johann Wolfgang von Goethe). Anti-catalan demonstration organized by the PP (Partido Polular) in Salamanca
10. You are andalousian or castilian, or you love the Spanish footbal national team, the only one that is allowed in Spain (well, the Catalan national team also exists, but it is not allowed to dispute international official Chanpionships). ¿Have you ever wondered how sad it is for us, Catalans, to be constantly discriminated and demonized, as happened to the Jews? The outgrown and exclusive Spanish chauvinism that is being broadcasted by the Spanish media, is hiding the vested interest of using the Spanish citizens as canon fodder to avoid sovereignty (mainly the economic one) of the rich colonies that are being exploited by those who rule the State, it is a patriotism whose true flag are the euros from the bribes they are paid from almost anything. “The Civil War is Preferable to the Statute” (Headlines of the “El Imparcial” 1932). “To reason and to convince, what a hard, long, and costly task it is! Suggest? How easy, quick and simple!” (Santiago Ramon y Cajal, Nobel Prize of Medicine 1906 (1852-1934).
11. Before using injuriating terms such as “Pole” (since 1939 nazi invasion against Poland, the most popular Spanish term for Catalonians is this one), “catalino” (“catalina” in Castilian slang means “shit”), “yokel”, “greedy”, “villager”, etc., please think that we all deserve respect and that the Catalans are the ones that more read, travel and make business in the State, so that we may not be as much “villagers” as the racists and pampered Spaniards claim us to be.
— ENLLAÇOS RELACIONATS —